1. Listen first and then act – The first rule of being in film casting is to listen to what the casting director has to say about the part that is being offered. It is not just about learning the lines and delivering them in the audition. The more you listen to what you have to do, the better you will be able to enact the scene.
2. Don’t let nerves get the better of you – It is quite natural to be nervy when you are attending a film casting, but if you get nervous, you can lose it all. So, being nervy is never an option.
3. Be comfortable with the cast – Normally, there are only a few people who will be present in the casting room. So, try to be as comfortable as possible with them.
4. Look confident – The way you present yourself in film casting will decide if you are suitable for the role.
5. Eye to eye contact – The first thing that you learn in a film casting agency is to make eye to eye contact with the director. This is crucial because it reflects your confidence.
6. Rehearse properly – 6. Rehearsing in front of the camera is the best way to prepare yourself for any casting interview. If you have got the dialogues ready, take a mobile camera or digital camera to record yourself for every take.
7. Dress to impress – Dressing for the role is the ideal way to make a mark on the casting director. Depending on the role you are auditioning for, you can get clothes that will suit for that role and wear it on the day of audition.
8. Be cheerful and keep that smile going – Directors love it when candidates are cheerful and charming. It can go a long way to winning over the judges and a step ahead to getting selected.
9. Learn the dialogues by heart – Although, you will have the dialogue papers with you, it would be great if you can learn your part well so that you don’t have any chance of fumbling in between.
10. Be professional – Even if it is your first casting experience, try to be as professional as possible. Don’t be too over friendly with the directors or try to add unnecessary inputs.